The very 1st generation model of BMW X3 was released way back in 2013. It revolutionized the crossover market back then. Since that time many other competing automobile companies have ventured into the crossover market, but BMW is back at it with their new 2018 BMW X3.
This next generation model follows an impressive lineup of compact SUVs with luxurious specs and comfortable features. So it is no wonder that BMW is looking to exceed the expectation of buyers with this model. As far as changes go, customers are likely to find many utility changes in the upcoming 2018 model.
2018 BMW X3 – Engine Options
Sources close to the German automobile company have suggested that this 2018 BMW X3 is likely to feature a broad range of engine choices. The primary idea behind this is to make this crossover vehicle much more viable in different terrains. Let’s have a look at some of the potential choices for engine:
- A new diesel engine unit might come into play as its base model with a 2.0-liter xDrive 20d configuration. This powertrain is likely to yield around 180 hp of max power with 280 lbs. feet of max torque.
- Other probable diesel variants might include an xDrive 18d engine with larger displacement specs, as well as higher trim variants like xDrive 30d or 35d models. Power output will vary between 260 to 310 hp.
- Economical engine options for 2018 BMW X3 might also include gasoline variants like xDrive 28i as well as xDrive 35i which are already available in other BMW models.
2018 BMW X3 – Style and Redesign Changes
There is a lot in store for new customers with this upcoming X3 model. BMW has already hinted that certain aspects of the old X3 franchise are changing to accommodate better technology as well as improved functioning. So let’s take a look at some of the important features that are likely to get an upgrade:
- Exterior changes are going to be paramount to this new generation 2018 BMW X3 model. Several lighting, as well as visual upgrades, are already underway – with provisions for new 3D head lights.
- Other small upgrades will happen to back LED lights, fog lamps, mirror and turn signals. Better quality 18-inch alloy wheels are also underway with provisions for 19-inch rims in higher trims.
- Since elegance and luxury are a primary concern for this upcoming SUV, chances are that interior décor changes will also be quite good. Detailed information about its interior changes is not yet available since the car has not finished development.
2018 BMW X3 – Price, Release Date, and Competition
There has not been much development on the release date of BMW X3 2018. Since the model is still in its testing phase, nothing certain could be said. Its price options might vary like its predecessor but this model will see full release by the second quarter of 2018.
With a stiff competitive season like 2017-2018, it is very likely that 2018 BMW X3 will also face some serious competition in the SUV crossover category from heavyweights like Audi, Chevrolet, and Mercedes-Benz. Still, as far as direct completion goes, this model is likely to compete against Porsche Macan as well as 2018 Audi Q5.