Chevrolet has been quite consistent over the years with their mid-year refreshed models. This year the manufacturer is planned to release 2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback. Also with better engine options and impressive design, it would be one of the choices of car lovers. According to the official press release, this new hatchback model will certainly borrow some traits from its earlier versions, but will also include modern refreshed features.
This new addition to an already existing bestselling franchise bears great news for Chevrolet customers. This 2017 model will also include better performance specs, with renovated interior design and some other specifications that Chevrolet is yet to unveil. So it can certainly be said that 2017 Chevy Cruze has a lot to offer.
2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback – Engine and Performance
According to different sources, it has been found that multiple engine options will be provided to Chevy Cruze Hatchback 2017. This also means that customers can now enjoy with different performance level, and customize the car for a better experience. Let’s take a look at the available engine choices:
- Its primary engine option is a new 1.4-liter turbocharged setup with a 6-speed dual clutch automatic transmission gear box. Its power output can offer a max 140 hp of power and 173 lb-ft.of max torque.
- A second option is also available with 1.5-liter Ecotec turbocharged engine that can offer around 113 hp of max power and 108 lb-ft.of max torque. It is likely going to be paired with an AMT gearbox.
- Diesel options are also available with a 2.0-liter in-line4-cylinder turbocharged setup that can yield a max power of 150 hp and around 260 lb-ft of max torque. Its fuel economy is pretty impressive, with an EPA rating of 41 mpg on a highway.
The 2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback will be available in 3 separate trim options:
2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback – Interior and Exterior Design Changes
2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback is certainly receiving many impressive changes to go with the theme of Chevrolet’s mid-year refresh tradition. However, 5 door hatchback build will be slightly redesigned to meet modern needs. Official sources have suggested that Chevrolet is also looking to improve its visual characteristics with more stress on an attractive front fascia.
Its exterior changes will include the following new additions:
- A streamlined tail light design with narrowed lamps.
- A brand new two-part grille design with an arched fascia.
- Aerodynamic roof and broad wheelbase for better stability.
Its interior changes will also include the following features:
- Large cabin space for cargo and passengers.
- Rear view camera and traffic alert system.
- Multi-device compatibility with MyLink system.
- A 7-inchtouchscreen display with 4G LTE connectivity.
2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback – Price and Release Date
The 2017 Chevy Cruze Hatchback is likely to come out at the very end of 2016. Chevrolet has not yet announced an official release date for this hatchback. However, this model might be priced between $18,000 and $24,500 in the US market, while international versions have to wait for a bit longer than that.