The next generation of the 2018 Honda Ridgeline comes out at a time of high anticipation from Honda fans since it has been 2 years since the last Ridgeline came out. Needless to say, it will introduce better design changes along with impressive engine performance specs. When it comes to fancy pickup trucks, you cannot get back than the Ridgeline franchise from Honda. Since their first generation models hit the markets, this franchise has done exceptionally well in sales. They have introduced newer technologies in every model, and the 2018 Honda Ridgeline is no exception to that.
2018 Honda Ridgeline – Design Changes
The 2018 Honda Ridgeline will also showcase some of the new design modules that Honda has been working on for the past couple of years. Since this model is not yet finished production, a detailed description of these features are still unknown. However, close sources have suggested the following improvements:
- Low front bumper design for better traction
- The front fascia has been improved with subtle chassis arrangement
- Dual action tailgate design, and in bed trunk addition
- LED head and tail lights with a new C-shaped tail arch
- Better and improved 400 watts inverter for towing purposes.
Availability of most interior features will depend on the trim variant the buyers choose to purchase. Still, there are some basic new additions to the existing features that improve the overall experience. These features include:
- Improved dashboard configuration with a brand new 8-inch touch screen interface
- Triple-zone automatic climate control with heated seats and power windows
- Better infotainment module with Apple Car Play and Android Auto integration
- Complete leather upholstery
- Improved cabin space with 60/40 split seats for better passenger room
- Six speakers with the integrated audio system in higher trims.
When the 2018 Honda Ridgeline was first announced, the Honda was not shy to give up that this model will become available in 7 different trim variants. That is 2 trims extra than Honda’s usual 5 trim setups. These trims include:
- Black Edition.
Under the Hood: Engine Specs
Even though there is going to be 7 trim options for 2018 Honda Ridgeline, the officials have suggested only a single power train unit for this model. It features a 3.5 LITER V6 cylinder J-Series engine setup. Performance specs read in at around 280 HP of max power, with 262 lbs. feet of max torque.
Certain engine attributes will be borrowed from Honda Pilot SUV. Those include the following features:
- Improved brake responses
- Integrated new Intelligent Terrain Management System
- Weight reduction chassis design.
The transmission specs include a 6-speed automatic gearbox for standard trims, while higher trims might get a 9-speed transmission module. Expected fuel economy specs for this model come in at around 19/26 mpg for city and highway for FWD. While for the RWD version, EPA ratings come in at around 18/25 mpg for AWD versions.
Competitors, Price and Release
The competitors will be Chevrolet Silverado, Toyota Hilux, Toyota Tundra. The detailed pricing for all trim variants of 2018 Honda Ridgeline is not known as of now. However, it has been announced officially that its base variant will cost around $30,000 during its most exclusive Black Edition might cost $49,000. A complete price list will be available once this model releases in the mid-2017.