Land Rover is one name in the automobile manufacturing industry which is well-known for manufacturing a challenging model. The company also has its expertise in manufacturing four-wheel-drive vehicles and so far it has launched numerous vehicles with high-end specs. Recently this automobile company is rumored to working on another model as 2018 Land Rover Defender. Let’s check that what the company has to offer.
2018 Land Rover Defender – News
This is next generation of Land Rover’s free range utility designed with multiple farm friendly body conformations.
It has been almost 20 years since the USA automobile manufacturing company Land Rover has discontinued its production of off-roader Defender. The vehicle last for only 4 years in the market but still it left a deep impact in the minds of its buyers.
Once again when there is a rumor that the company is working on this model the hopes of most of the car enthusiast have increased. It is also said that 2018 Land Rover Defender will retain its distinctive look and will remind the users about the popular which came almost two decades ago.
2018 Land Rover Defender – Powertrain Configuration
Speculations are very high for this latest model, and one of them is that this time. The makers will power this vehicle with a different set of engines. They are:
- It is heard that the makers will power this vehicle with 3.0-liter Supercharged V6 engine. It will deliver an output of 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque.
- There will be some more engine variants, and its potential might choose it from 5.0-liter V8 engine and 2.0-liter I-4 engine.
- Most of the powertrain of this vehicle are expected to be mated with an 8-speed auto transmission.
- Some sources have also stated that 2018 Land Rover Defender will have great towing capacity although the figures are yet to be disclosed by its makers.
- Coming to its EPA ratings, it is said that it will deliver around 19 miles per gallon on combined basis.
- Also, the engines are expected to be designed with the compliance of newly launched EU emissions policies and EPA regulations.
2018 Land Rover Defender – Design
In its exterior portion, the makers are expected to design this vehicle with aluminum uni-body which will offer this vehicle a tough and superior look. In its front fascia, this vehicle is also expected to have single grille face along slab sides. Most importantly the makers’ area expected to retain two exclusive headlights from their previous model.
Based on the reports of Financial Times, Land Rover Defender 2018 will be manufactured in Eastern Europe and a possible location for its production is said to be Gyor in Hungary.
2018 Land Rover Defender – Arrival, Competition, and Cost
It is expected that 2018 Land Rover Defender will be launched in the 3rd quarter of 2018, and this is what is rumored in the industry. Some sources also suggest that the buyers will have to pay $55,000 as the base price of this latest exclusive model. Now this is called reputation. This model is expected to have competition with several markets leading models like: Mercedes-Benz G-Class, Jeep Wrangler, Ford Broncos (restored) and International Harvester Scouts.