After swapping pickup truck Titan, the renowned automaker Nissan is trying to turn-off its attention to their one of the most successful vehicle in its line-up and it will be launched as 2017 Nissan Armada. This is the 2nd generation model, and it was launched by its makers at a private media event just before the beginning of Chicago Auto Show, 2016.
In-depth info about the vehicle
For its 2017 model, the makers have followed the footprints of Infiniti QX80, and they have also used the platform of Nissan Platform. The body frame construction remains with thicker side providing it the strength to tow 8500 pounds.
Powertrain Configuration of 2017 Nissan Armada
Nissan Armada 2017 will be powered by 5.6-liter direct injection V8 engine and also has the ability to generate the power of 390 hp at 5800 rpm and 401 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm over 317 hp and 385 lb-ft of torque for its forerunner.
The makers have also made changes in its transmission and in place of 5-speed auto transmission they have used 7-speed automatic transmission along with haul/tow mode. In addition to that, this vehicle will also be launched with two and four wheel drive options.
There will be Variable Valve Event and Lift (VVEL) technology, and the buyers will also get Iridium-tipped spark plugs. The drivers will also get smooth control through an electronically driven wire throttle system.
As of now, there is no news available on its EPA ratings, but it is expected that it will deliver great mileage to its buyers.
2017 Nissan Armada – Trims available and its features
The makers will launch 2017 Nissan Armada in 3 different trims, and they are:
Let’s check that what the company has offered in its trims.
- The 2017 Nissan Armada Platinum trim is equipped with the features like Remote Engine Start System, Intelligent Key with Memory, Around View Monitor, and 20 inches aluminum.
In addition, there will be dual 7 inches for better entertainment of its voyagers, and there will be a mono roof with power sliding. In addition to that, the buyers will also get heated rear seats and automatic climate control system.
- The SL trim get most of the features those are already given in Platinum trim model, and this trim is well matched for the buyers who love to travel more.
- Finally, SV trim gets 18 inches of wheels, and there will be a latest audio system from BOSE in which there will be 13 speakers. This trim is also equipped with Nissan Connect and Navi System and complimented with Push Button Ignition.
Standard safety features:
The 2017 Nissan Armada has been designed with number of standard safety features like:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (ABBS)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Traction control
- Roof-mounted curtain and side-impact supplemental airbags
- 3-point ALR-ELR seat belt system with load limiters and pretensions
- Active Brake Limited Slip
- Energy-absorbing Steering Column
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Equipped with LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
2017 Nissan Armada – Price and Availability
The 2017 Nissan Armada is expected to hit the market in the 4th quarter of 2016, and it is manufactured in Nissan Shatai plant in Japan. The buyers have to pay $39,500 for its base model. Although nothing has been confirmed yet as the makers are yet to announce the price and release date officially.