It is evident that over the years Nissan’s most reliable pickup truck Frontier has become quite a comparable compact truck. For most of the consumers in the automobile industry, they are looking for quality, comfort, and versatility. Now, most of the car enthusiast will be enthralled with the news that the company is launching their new model, and it will be as 2018 Nissan Frontier.
The 2018 Nissan Frontier will be launched in different trims, and they are:
- Desert Runner
2018 Nissan Frontier – Engine Configuration
This time, the makers of this amazing pickup truck are expected to power it different engine variants, and they are:
- The first variant will be 2.5-liter DOHC 4 cylinder engine. It will be producing the power of 152 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque.
- Also, 2.8-liter Cummins diesel engine will be able to produce 200 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque.
- Another variant will be 4.0-liter V6 mill that will generate the power of 260 hp and 281 lb-ft of torque.
- The makers have given 3 different types of transmission and they are 5-speed automatic and manual and 6-speed manual transmission.
- The EPA ratings of this vehicle are enhanced as compared to its previous model and this time it will provide 17-22 mpg in cities and 23-25 mpg on highways.
- As of now, there is no information available on its towing capacity, but still, it is expected that it will tow the maximum.
- It is also possible that the makers will use electronic rear locking differential and most probably this feature will be used in PRO-4X.
What are its safety features?
Nissan is always known for offering standard safety features in each of their models, and 2018 Nissan Frontier is also no exception. This vehicle will have safety features like:
- Blind-spot monitoring system
- Hill descent control system
- Traction and stability control
- Cross-lane detection system
- Active Cruise control unit
- Active Brake System
- Frontal and backward collision warning system
- Side-impact airbags
- Roof Airbags
Design of 2018 Nissan Frontier
However, according to the spy shots of this vehicle, it is said that the front end of this pickup truck is based on latest Navara NP300. This time, it will have rear doors and squared off the tailgate. Based on the assumptions made in the industry it is said that this time, the vehicle will be having a sleek design along with refreshed grille and wide headlights.
The inner cabin of Nissan Frontier 2018 is also expected to be designed with some outstanding features that will surely allure its potential as well as new customers. The buyers will also witness some technological advancement in its cabin with the components like SiriusXM satellite radio, a backup camera, voice controls and none the less Nissan Connect with app integration.
2018 Nissan Frontier – Price, Rivals, and Release Date
There is no news on the release date of 2018 Nissan Frontier. The buyers have to wait until its makers are announcing it officially. Coming to its price then it is said that it will be having a base price of $19,000, and it will reach up to $37,000. This vehicle also having stiff competition with Toyota Tacoma, Honda Ridgeline, and Chevrolet Colorado.